To assure you will have the best possible experience on the water we have chosen to work with the world’s two leading SUP brands – Starboard and Red Paddle Co.
Boards come in a range of sizes and include both inflatable and hard board models. All paddles have a lightweight hybrid carbon shaft and are adjustable in length.
We can assist you in planning your trip – from choosing the right gear to suggesting routes and places of interest. Our staff have the local knowledge and expertise to get you out there and enjoy the natural beauty of Rhodes.
Stand up paddling is a relatively easy sport to do but when paddling on open water without the necessary safety precautions it can turn into a dangerous sport very quickly. Therefore, each person who rents a board with us will receive a short safety briefing and demonstration of what to do in various situations.
While you’re on the water we keep an active look out and have a rescue boat on stand-by in case of difficulties.
First time paddlers are recommended to follow the introduction to paddling or join the SUP Adventure. However, if you prefer to try by yourself we will ask you to stay within the area of the center so we can keep an eye on you.
Open water safety precautions include:
- Always wear a leash and bring a life-jacket.
- Carry a cell phone in a waterproof case.
- Bring plenty of drinking water.
- Protect yourself from the sun (sunscreen, hat, t-shirt).
- Paddle within swimming distance from the shore.
- Make sure someone on land knows where you’re heading and what time you plan to be back.