SUP Rental on Rhodes
Explore, Discover, Enjoy!
Rent a stand-up paddle board at our paddle center in Stegna or at our windsurf center in Ixia. Stegna consistently provides optimal conditions for paddle boarding and features a truly picturesque coastline. While Ixia may also offer great days, especially at the beginning and end of the season.
SUP Rental Equipment
Boards come in a range of sizes and include both inflatable and hard-board models. All paddles have a lightweight hybrid carbon shaft and are adjustable in length.
We can assist you in planning your session – from choosing the right gear to suggesting routes and places of interest. Our paddle team has the local knowledge and expertise to get you out there and enjoy the natural beauty of Rhodes.
Stand up paddling is a relatively easy sport to do but when paddling on open water it’s important that you are aware of the potential safety hazards. Therefore, each person who rents a board with us will receive a short safety briefing.
While you’re on the water we keep an active look out and have a rescue boat on stand-by in case of difficulties.
Open water safety precautions include:
- Wear a leash and life-jacket
- Bring a cell phone and plenty of drinking water
- Protect yourself from the sun (sunscreen, hat, t-shirt)
- Stay within swimming distance from the shore
- Check the weather forecast and ask a local about potential safety hazards
- Make sure someone on land knows where you’re heading and what time you plan to be back
For safety reasons first-time paddlers and those who haven’t paddled on the sea should join the SUP Discovery first.
SUP Rental Pricing
- 1 hour20 EUR
- 2 hours35 EUR
- 3 hours45 EUR
- Price includes board, paddle, leash, life-jacket and a dry-bag.
- SUP rental is available from April through October and requires a reservation.
SUP Rental Photos
There are multiple places on the island where they’ll let you rent a SUP but do not always provide the necessary safety cover. When renting a SUP always check that the board has a leash, that you are given a life-jacket and that the place keeps an active look-out.
Do not go on the water when the wind is blowing strong off-shore (from land to sea). If you find yourself struggling against the wind try paddling on your knees or prone paddle – lay down on your board with the paddle under you and use your hands to paddle like regular surfers.